Adventures For Solo Travelers
Solo Travel Trip Insurance 101
Optional Solo Travel Trip Insurance:
- Click to follow this link to purchase solo travel trip insurance on-line http://www.travelsafe.com/?welcome=ADVGA02
- Phone them at 888-885-7233 and give code “ADVGA02”
- Open attached brochure in PDF and print it out to complete by mail
- If all else fails, upon your request I will mail the form to you.
Amazing Benefits For Solo Travel Trip Insurance
- Our industry-first Cancel for ANY Reason Cash Benefit.
- Protection against Inclement Weather.
- Protection against Terrorism.
- Protection against Financial Insolvency with NO restrictive lists.
- Payment for Rebanking of Frequent Flyer miles.
- Coverage for Pre-Existing Medical Conditions.
- Coverage for Mental, Nervous & Psychological Disorders.
- Coverage for Domestic Partners.
- Hospital of Choice for Emergency Medical Evacuation.
- 24-hour Emergency Assistance from anywhere in the world.
- 24-hour Concierge Services.
- The Highest Coverage Limits and Most Comprehensive Coverage Available in the Industry.
DON’T TAKE CHANCES – TAKE TRAVELSAFE!
With the “Cancel For Any Reason” benefit option, If You cancel Your Covered Solo Travel Trip for any reason not otherwise covered by this plan, you will be reimbursed for seventy-five percent (75%) of the prepaid, forfeited, nonrefundable Payments or Deposits You paid for Your Covered Trip provided:
(a) Your plan payment is received within fifteen (15) days of the date Your initial deposit/payment for Your Covered Trip is received; and
(b) You insure all prepaid Covered Trip costs that are subject to cancellation penalties or restrictions; and
(c) You also insure within fifteen (15) days of the payment for those arrangements the cost of any subsequent arrangements (or any other arrangements not made through Your travel agent) added to Your Covered Trip; and
(d) You cancel Your Covered Trip two (2) days or more before Your Scheduled Departure Date.
Medical conditions for which there is treatment; or a recommendation for treatment, diagnostic test or exam; or for which drugs or medicine are prescribed during the 60 days prior to your effective date with TravelSafe are considered Pre-Existing Conditions. This means we look back 60 days prior to the date you purchased the insurance, which is significantly less than many of our competitors.
Important: The policy exclusion for Pre-Existing Conditions will be waived, if:
1. your enrollment form and your premium payment is received (or, if mailed, is postmarked) within 15 days of the date your initial trip deposit is received;
2. you insure all prepaid trip costs that are subject to cancellation penalties or restrictions (see Enrollment Form for more details); and
3. you are not disabled from travel at the time you pay your premium.
Unless you meet the Pre-Existing Conditions Waiver requirements detailed above, the policy does not cover your Pre-Existing Conditions and those of a traveling companion or an immediate family member traveling with you. Unlike some of our competitors, however, our Pre-Existing Condition requirements apply only to travelers, not to non-traveling family members.
Note: Medical conditions that are treated or controlled solely with medication and remain treated or controlled without an adjustment or a change in medication during the 60-day period prior to your effective date are not considered to be Pre-Existing Conditions. See the TravelSafe policy for complete details about Pre- Existing Conditions.
TravelSafe allows you to cancel or interrupt your trip due to terrorist attacks, subject to the following conditions:
1. The terrorist act must occur in your departure city or in a city which is a scheduled destination for your trip, and
2. The terrorist act must occur within 30 days of the scheduled departure date for your trip.
TravelSafe covers Pre-Departure Trip Cancellation or Post-Departure Trip Interruption due to Bankruptcy or Default (as defined in the policy) of an airline, cruise line or tour operator if:
1. the Bankruptcy or Default is not of the person, organization or firm from whom you directly purchased or paid for your trip; and
2. the Bankruptcy or Default occurs more than 14 days following your effective date for the Pre-Departure Trip Cancellation Benefits.
Important: There is no coverage for any claim arising from either: 1) Bankruptcy or Default which occurs before your effective date of coverage, or 2) a filing of a petition for Bankruptcy which occurs before your effective date of coverage.
TravelSafe protects you in several ways. If your flight is canceled due to bad weather or an organized labor strike (provided the strike occurs after you pay your premium) you can take a later flight. You will be reimbursed for the additional transportation expenses to join your solo travel trip, less any refunds paid or payable for your original tickets and not to exceed the cost of one-way economy airfare, or first class if your original tickets were first class. Plus, you will be reimbursed for the cost of any unused land or water travel arrangements.
If, prior to departure or while on your trip, your hotel or resort is damaged or closed due to bad weather and the hotel or resort cancels your reservation (and cannot provide you with comparable accommodations elsewhere), you will be covered. See the TravelSafe policy for complete details of this coverage.
Yes. You should determine your premium amount based upon the total cost of your trip per person, including airfare. You do not need to include the cost of any travel arrangements that are refundable and not subject to cancellation charges or restrictions.
If you insure an amount less than your total prepaid trip costs that are subject to cancellation penalties or restrictions:
1. the maximum benefit for the Pre-Departure Trip Cancellation and/or Post-Departure Trip Interruption will be limited to the amount of coverage you purchased; and
2. there will be no coverage available under the optional Cancel For Any Reason benefit, if purchased. Also, there will be no waiver of exclusion for Pre-Existing Conditions and financial insolvency.
TravelSafe covers all baggage delays of 12 hours or more during your trip. You will be reimbursed for personal articles you buy (such as toiletries, a change of clothing, etc.) up to $250. Be sure to keep receipts for anything you purchase. TravelSafe will also track your delayed or lost baggage for up to one full year, if requested.
TravelSafe plans provide coverage for medical expenses resulting from an illness or injury during your trip. If you must be medically evacuated to another facility or home, TravelSafe also provides coverage, plus you can choose your evacuation hospital. See TravelSafe policies for complete details of these coverages.
TravelSafe includes a 24-hour worldwide assistance services to help you with medical or legal emergencies during your trip. See the TravelSafe policies for complete details of these services.
Frequent flyer miles are not covered if you must cancel or interrupt your solo travel trip. If you cancel your trip for a covered reason, you will only be reimbursed the money actually paid for the solo travel trip. However, under the Gold and Platinum Plans, TravelSafe does reimburse up to $250 toward the cost of an airline-imposed change or reissue fee if your trip is cancelled by your travel supplier, plus up to $250 toward fees to re-bank frequent flyer miles.
What is Zero Cost Trip Insurance and How Can It Save Me Hundreds?
The cost is found on the $0 line of the insurance form. You get all the benefits of travel insurance (lost or delayed bags, medical, evacuation accident etc) except one thing – Trip Cancellation. You will not get reimbursed should you cancel the trip. So if you want insurance and know you’re not cancelling it may be worth peace of mind to spend a couple of bucks. However, if you feel you may have to cancel, then it’s wise to buy whole package.
If I am waitlisted for a trip when must I purchase travel insurance?
You must purchase travel insurance once your waitlist has cleared and your deposit was then transferred to the “cleared” waitlist/reservation.
Example: On July 1, you give a “good faith” deposit for space to clear or open up on a specific trip and that space clears on August 1. It is only from August 1 that the clock starts counting and you have 21 days to purchase the travel insurance in order to meet the terms required for the Pre-ex Waivers, Financial Insolvency protection and our Cancel For Any Reason terms.